Monday, August 27, 2012

Proper Alignment


We all know how important it is to keep your car's alignment in order. There's all the benefits of improved tire life and gas mileage, but I'm especially focused on improved control. I like to know exactly what my car will do when I tell it to do it. It struck me that while I'm an absolute nazi about my car's performance and expectations, I hardly give a shit about my own.



There is something fundamentally wrong with one's soul if they aren't able to do what they are passionate about. There is an even bigger problem when they are able to do it, but choose not to. That's the position I've been in now for...however long I can remember. I can sit down any time I want and write, but I don't. Nearly every weekend there's a racing event to attend, and I haven't been going. I haven't been doing the  things I really want to do. Not terribly smart of me.

So, it's time to rearrange some priorities and get some more mileage out of myself before it's too late. I've had this story idea in my head since high school. Time to write it out. I need to stick to the straight and narrow path that brings me happiness. And next year... back to the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment